Previous Page

Thread: Rail Pass

Created on: Apr 28, 2017 @ 12:00 AM
Replies: 5
Rail Pass
Apr 28, 2017 @ 4:12 PM
julebear
Rank #1

We're trying to find out what the employee rail pass for retirees offers. I tried to find out through the number on the pension statement page but I was told we had to go to the Way Station (in Toronto) to find that out, when we book our tickets. I said we were in Vancouver now and don't intend on flying to Toronto to get that info! I was very frustrated when dealing with the person on the other end of the line! We want to travel from Toronto to Vancouver in October, so I'm checking on fares. Can someone help or let me know where to find out the info?

Link | Top | Bottom

RE: Rail Pass
Apr 28, 2017 @ 5:41 PM
jupiter
Rank #1

the rail pass just includes free coach fair across Canada the seats are really quite comfortable and you can lay back hammock style if you so wish, you also have excess to the dome car to if you so wish, if you want a sleeper lower birth or upper birth roomette or bedroom you have to pay which is pretty pricey to say the least, your pass does not include meals etc just coach transportation hope this helps you out.

Link | Top | Bottom

Apr 28, 2017 @ 10:53 PM
julebear
Rank #1

Thank you! So we can upgrade, with the fare free as a coach passenger, but paying the difference for a berth or cabin?

Link | Top | Bottom

Apr 28, 2017 @ 10:56 PM
julebear
Rank #1

Back in 1975, age 23, we chose the seat option for the first night, changing to a berth for the next nights, on a trip east to Toronto. We like our comforts, so we need a berth!

Link | Top | Bottom

May 01, 2017 @ 5:22 AM
CNROBERT1950
Rank #1

You can get your plastic rail pass tru CN Pensionner office at Mercer 1-800-361-0739 if you are hired before 1979.
You can accumulate points tru Via preferences card ( 1-888-842-7733 ) .Every time you use your CN pass to purchase a tickets for any destination in Canada (seat only).These points can be redemmed for upgrade or to bring a friend on a travel with you.
Purchase your tickets tru VIA Rail and mention CN PASS.Inever had problems.
Dont forget CN special rates for all choices hotel in Canada and USA.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP

Link | Top | Bottom

May 11, 2017 @ 7:55 PM
julebear
Rank #1

What is the Via Preferences card?
My husband misplaced his card, so he asked for a new one, which is now going to take 6 weeks. In the meanwhile, we can't make any travel arrangements. The day after, he found his card.
When I tried to book a reservation prior to this, I was told we needed the number, not just to say we had a rail pass card, because each card was different.

Link | Top | Bottom

New Topic Reply
Next Page

Previous Page
Fast Reply
Please login to post a response.