Associations de retraités du CN, Inc.
Edmonton CN RailVets (E3)
- Edmonton Chapter
- Benefits of Membership
- How to Join
- Railvets - Edmonton
- Schedule of Events
- Choice Hotels Offer
- Want to contribute Ideas?
- Railvets Newsletter
|Président||Jim Hawthorne||Tel: (780) 447-5363|
|302,10770 Winterburn Rd|
|Edmonton, AB T5S 1T5email@example.com|
|Vice-Président||Al Vodden||Tel: (780) 489-7027|
|1220 Breckenridge Drive NW|
|Edmonton, AB T5T 6J8firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ines McGowan||Tel: (780) 483-0415|
|Edmonton, AB T5P 0B2email@example.com|
|Sandra Barnes||Tel: (780) 425-0868|
|#305, 8340 Jasper Ave. NW|
|Edmonton, AB T5H 4C6firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe English||Tel: (780) 458-7691|
|26 Woodlands Rd|
|St Alberta, AB T8N 3M3email@example.com|
|Butch Whiteman||Tel: (780) 438-1600|
|2419-113 St NW|
|Edmonton, AB T6J 4Y7firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hugh Critchley||Tel: (780) 435-8374|
|11128 - 37 Ave. NW|
|Edmonton, AB T6J 0H2email@example.com|
|Paul Hawirko||Tel: (780) 489-0615|
|16013 - 93 A Ave.|
|Edmonton, AB T5R 5J7firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Munsey||Tel: (780) 466-0931|
|8628 - 69 A St. NW|
|Edmonton, AB T6B 1W3email@example.com|
|Chris Randall||Tel: (780) 430-8680|
|#15 - 9 Dechene Rd|
|Edmonton, AB T6M 2V1firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jules Soetaert||Tel: (780) 457-2102|
|9927 178 St.|
|Edmonton, AB T5X 5X2email@example.com|
|Andy Novak||Tel: (780) 456-7289|
|14723 117 St.|
|Edmonton, AB T5X 1J9firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diana Novak||Tel: (780) 456-7289|
|14723 117 St.|
|Edmonton, AB T5X 1J9email@example.com|
|Mary Jean Strachan||Tel: (780) 466-0948|
|7103 - 97 Ave.|
|Edmonton, AB T6B 1C8firstname.lastname@example.org|
Click here to download/print the Constitution
If you don't have Adobe Reader, click here
President: Jim Hawthorne
Front, left to right:
Diana Novak, Andy Novak, Jim Munsey, Paul Hawirko, Al Vodden, Mary Jean Strachan, Butch Whiteman, Hugh Critchley.Rear, left to right:
Bill Buchanan, Chris Randall, Jim Hawthorne, Ines McGowan, Jules Soetaert, Sandra Barnes.
- RailVets act as a liaison With the National Council to communicate with Canadian National Railways.
- RailVets will Keep members informed of pension, medical and benefits changes.
- Direct help is given to members having problems communicating with Blue Cross or Pension Board
- Monthly meetings with speakers and topics of interest to seniors.
- Hospital Visits and flowers for members experiencing health problems.
- Note - We depend on members and friends advising when members should receive flowers or visits.
- Christmas poinsettias for members or spouses that are in Senior Care
- Note - Again we need to be advised of such circumstances
- Social events (Christmas luncheon and Summer Picnic).
- Three Local Newsletters annually to keep you informed and in touch.
- Assistance to Members by providing instructions for survivors upon death of a member.
If you are interested in becoming a member please
contact Treasurer & Membership
Director. Membership costs only $1.00 per month, it can be made
as a payroll deduction from your Pension remittance.
You will receive membership cards for both the CN Pensioners' Association and one from the Railway Pensioners' Association, Alberta.
At the age of 85, 90, 95, 100 and anniversaries of 50, 60, 70 - members are sent flowers.
Spouses of members are also members (no extra fee) and welcome /encouraged to come to meetings/events.
Currently the Edmonton chapter has 2100 members. Over the years it has been comprised of Pensioners and Survivors of formers employees of CN Rail, NAR, Air Canada, Via Rail, Macdonald Hotel, CP Rail, CNT Telecommunications. It has evolved over the years to the point it now comprises mainly of CN Rail Retirees. We meet on the second Wednesday of each month, except July and August, at the following location.
Kingsway Legion # 175
14339 - 50 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5A 0S9
Ample Kingsway Legion parking is available behind the facility - access northbound off 50th St. on the east side of the Street.It does not cost anything to park when attending a function in the Legion Building.
General Meetings in JANUARY, FEBRUARY, APRIL, MAY, JUNE, SEPTEMBER, NOVEMBER
start at 1:30 p.m. These meetings usually consist of short business updates followed by a guest speaker
and at the conclusion complimentary beverages and cookies/squares are provided.
Luncheon Meetings in MARCH, OCTOBER , DECEMBER start at 11:00 a.m. and are a hot buffet lunch at a cost of $5.00 per person.
Day of week: 2nd Wednesday Sept - June
Start time: 1330 except 1100 Mar/Oct/Dec (charge for lunch)
A newsletter is published three times a year, spring, fall and winter, and can be received by E-mail, if so desired.
The Edmonton Chapter meets on the second Wednesday of each month except July and August at the Kingsway Legion, Edmonton, AB
Choice Hotels is pleased to confirm Canadian
National Railways Pensioners' Association's company specific Client
Identification Number, designed to provide your members with a fast,
easy and accurate rate reservation service worldwide for their business
and leisure travel.
How to access your SSO rates worldwide
There are two ways to make reservations using this I.D.
- Call our toll-free number 1-800-424-6423 and quote I.D. # 00064447 or
- Visit our website at choicehotels.ca and :
- Enter your client ID 00064447 in the box on the left hand side of the page and click GO
- Your company's welcome page will appear.
- To find a hotel, enter the city name in the Location box and add in your check-in and check-out dates.
- Your SSO rates will already appear in the rate box. Click "Search Hotels".
- A list of hotels will appear with two sets of rates - SSO and the standard rate. The date requested will appear in yellow. Click on the SSO rate to select the hotel and proceed with the reservation.
To ensure members are receiving the correct rate it is imperative to make advance reservations.
This discount is available to any of our members who carry a CN Pensioner Association PRD membership card or a local association paper card anywhere in the world Choice Hotels operate. Members will be required to show their card when checking in to get this preferred rate
If you have some suggestions for this page or
information you feel should be available for the Newsletters please
contact our Recording Secretary and Editor of both the Edmonton RailVets newsletter and the National
council of CN Pensioners' Association Inc. Pensioners' News which are
each published 3 times per year.
Canadian Railway Hall of Fame
Butch Whiteman (L) and Jim Hawthorne (R) representing the CN Pensioners Association, help Shawn Smith (2nd from L), a director of the Canadian Railway Hall of Fame, present Jim Munsey with a Canadian Railway Hall of Fame induction plaque during a pensioner's meeting in Edmonton May 22, 2009.
Butch Whiteman (L) presents Jim Munsey with an Achievement Certificate from the CN Railway Pensioner's Association that recognizes his induction into the Canadian Railway Hall of Fame during a pensioner's meeting in Edmonton May 22, 2009Photos by Railway Association of Canada